Thursday, April 21, 2016

It's trigger day!

I have been stimming for 13 long days now, waiting for follicles to grow.  My belly is bruised, swollen, and sore from all of the daily injections.  But, it is coming to end, and I am ready for my third and final egg retrieval.

At our first follicle check this round, I had very few follicles, and I starting doubting our decision to go for another round with my eggs.  But over the last 13 days, the follicles have continued to grow, and we now have a total of 15, which is a great number for me!  It is estimated that 13 of those follicles will have mature eggs (based on their growth).  This is our best round so far.  I'm trying to stay positive without getting my hopes up, because it all comes down to the quality of those eggs.  I hope that the acai, vitamin cocktail, and changes I've made all come together to help create good quality eggs that fertilize normally and make it to blastocyst.

The egg retrieval is on Saturday.  After 1-2 days, we will get our fertilization report -- how many eggs are mature and how many fertilize.  Another 4-5 days later will find out how many embryos make it to blastocyst.  From there, any embryos we have will be frozen while my body detoxifies from these horrible fertility drugs.  We haven't chosen a transfer date yet, but I imagine it will be approximately 2 months after the retrieval.

No comments:

Post a Comment