Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Moving along...

As we continue with our IVF work up, the many emotions are hitting us again.  Yesterday, I received the call from our nurse confirming that my left fallopian tube will not be cauterized, but completely removed.  The HSG--xray of my uterus and fallopian tubes--showed that both tubes are blocked, and that the left tube is retaining fluid that becomes toxic.  Our new doctor has recommended that the tube be completely removed because of the toxicity risk to an embryo.  I will undergo a third laparoscopic procedure for this, and we are trying to find out if our insurance will cover it before we schedule the procedure.

On a positive note, my repeat doppler showed normal blood flow throughout the uterus without any caffeine in my system.  This is great--no further work up needed on that end!  Now, I just need to have the endometrial biopsy, checking for receptor cells that help an embryo implant.  That procedure is scheduled for next week.

We got the results back from Andrew's semen analysis.  Once again, he topped the charts in every category.  In fact, he has 5 times the average number of sperm.  If I didn't have endometriosis, or some other condition causing infertility, we could easily have the large family we hope for.

As we near the end of our work up, the large sum of fees is due to our doctor in order to proceed with the second round of IVF.  Just as before, we are looking into financing and grant opportunities. Today I am applying for a grant through Kids for Kyla at kidsforkyla.com.  Wish us luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment