Friday, October 9, 2015

2nd blast report

One.  Today's call from the lab has left us with one embryo.  All of the other six embryos stopped developing, so we are left with the one grade 5bb embryo that we learned about yesterday.  We don't know why the embryos stopped developing, but we guess that it is due to my poor egg quality.  

While we are happy to have an embryo, we are devastated that this entire cycle, costing more than $30,000, has left us with only one.  Part of me hopes that this is a "Chase" embryo, meaning that it is strong and will make it through, but the other part of me doesn't want to hope for anything anymore because I am so tired of being let down.

Our one little embryo has been biopsied and will undergo genetic testing (did I mention that this test is costing us $7,000?!).  If the test reveals that the embryo is abnormal (non viable), we will walk away from the IVF cycle without a single embryo to transfer.  If it is normal, we will jump for joy and set a transfer date, likely in December, which is when my uterus will be ready.  We will be in suspense for the next 2-3 weeks until the test results come back.  



No comments:

Post a Comment