Tuesday, November 3, 2015

One little embryo

Waiting three a half weeks for news that could potentially change your life feels more like three and half years.  This has definitely been the longest and most difficult wait for us thus far.  After our blast report, when we found out that we only had one embryo make it, we were told that the CCS (chromosomal) testing would take 2-3 weeks to determine if our embryo is normal.  Two weeks came, then three weeks, and still no news.  At three weeks and five days we finally got the call.

We knew that if we got a call saying our embryo is normal, we would be able to move forward with a transfer (yay!).  But, if we got a call saying that our only embryo is abnormal, then we would not have a transfer and we would be back to the beginning.

I was dreading this phone call.  While I wanted to be optimistic, I was certain that this one embryo would come back aneuploidy (abnormal).  My egg quality is shot, so it was really hard to stay positive about the whole thing.  While the wait for the phone call was long and agonizing, I was ok that the call didn't come each day, because I just didn't want to hear the words that the embryo is abnormal.

Turns out, I didn't have to hear those words.  My nurse called tonight after hours and shouted "It's normal!"  I cried happy tears to her over the phone, and I couldn't wait to tell Andrew.  We are both beyond happy, excited, joyful, you name it...  And now we are thrilled to share the news with all of you!  Our chromosomally normal, grade 5bb embryo will be transferred on December 7th.  We can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment